Loans at Granard Credit Union Limited
The two most important things about a loan are, being able to borrow the money and being able to repay it. At Granard Credit Union Ltd we encourage you to manage your money carefully by structuring loans around your needs and your ability to repay. Establish a good savings record by saving regularly so as to build up security for your loan.
Click on any section below to expand view
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges
- Credit Union interest rates are fair and reasonable, and capped by law
- Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each payment
- Once you are eligable for a Credit Union loan, repayment terms can be designed around your needs
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you extra for paying them back faster!
- Your Credit Union is insured at no direct cost to you
- You can pay off your loan early,make additional lump sum payments, or increase your regular payments without penalty
- Shares held as security at time of loan issue are held for the term of the loan
Our Standard loan rate of 10.5% means you can borrow at a reasonable rate of credit compared to other financial providers – compare us to other financial service providers and you will see that you get a great deal at Granard Credit Union.
*For a €1,000, 1 year fixed interest rate loan, with Weekly repayments of €20.27, an APR of 10.5%;the total amount payable by the member will be €1,054.04.
Our Student loan rate of 6% (6.18% APR) means you can borrow at a reasonable rate of credit compared to other financial providers – compare us to other financial service providers and you will see that you get a great deal at Granard Credit Union.
*For a €1,000, 1 year fixed interest rate loan, with Weekly repayments of €20.02, an APR of 6%;the total amount payable by the member will be €1,041.04.
Only members are eligible to apply for loans with Granard Credit Union. Not a member? Find out more here.
To begin, with you have to be a member of Granard Credit Union Ltd. For more information on becoming a member please click here. For members, please visit or call us and we can discuss your needs and give you an application form.
Granard Credit Union will consider loan applications from members for any worthwhile purpose. Each application is treated in the utmost confidence and will be considered on its own merits by our team of Lending Officers. 95% of loan applications received are approved.
How to apply?
- You can call to the office and fill in the simple form there
- We will consider loan applications from members for any worthwhile purpose
- Repayments can be tailored to suit your needs
- Loans can be repaid before the term end at no penalty
- Your loan is protected under our loan protection life policy at no extra cost
- A credit agreement form must be signed when the loan is issued, this document is legally binding
Loans are subject to approval. Terms & Conditions apply
CREDIT UNION LOW COST LOANS
If you need €€€...Why withdraw your savings?
- COMPETITIVE Repayments
- No HIDDEN or ADDITIONAL costs
- Make larger repayments WITHOUT PENALTY
- SPEEDY loan decisions
- Interest charged on REDUCING loan balance
- No Hidden Fees Or Charges
- You Pay Interest Only On The Reducing Loan Balance
- Repayments Are Tailored To Suit Your Needs
- Flexible Repayment – No Penalties
Compare the real cost of a Credit Union loan with that of our competitors, take into account our advantages, and we think that you’re better off talking to your Credit Union first.
Borrowing money to finance your education or training is an everyday part of life. Fortunately your Credit Union makes it easy.
Our student loans are designed to meet all of your education or training needs. We provide loans at a competitive rate of interest that offer flexible repayments designed to suit your budget. At 6% you’ll find our rates better than most.
|€1,000||12 months||€19.84 a week|
|€1,500||12 months||€29.75 a week|
|€2,000||12 months||€39.66 a week|
|€2,500||12 months||€49.57 a week|
|€3,000||12 months||€59.48 a week|
Quotes based on 52 Weekly Repayments (Not including Repayment Protection Insurance) Inclusive of Interest Charged at 6.18% APR is correct as at 11/4/2013 and is subject to change.
Terms and conditions
- The amount applied for can cover fees, accommodation, books, travel, pocket money, etc.
- To avail of the student loan rate you will be required to provide proof of attending college (a letter from the college)
- Parent/Guardian may have to sign as guarantor
- On second and subsequent years the repayment terms can be renegotiated to suit you the borrower
- If a student is not a member of the Credit Union, they can join and make a loan application on the same day
- Ideally, the student should repay the amount borrowed in Year 1
- Loans can then be renegotiated for Year 2 and subsequent years
BORROWING FROM THE CREDIT UNION
- No Hidden or Additional Costs
- No Set Up or Documentation Fees
- Make Larger Repayments Without Penalty
- Speedy Loan Decisions
- Interest Paid on the Reducing Loan Balance
- Life Savings and Loan Protection
- Insurance provided at No Extra Cost
- Compare the real cost of a Credit Union loan with that of other financial institutions, take into account our advantages, and we think you’ll agree that you’re better off talking to Granard Credit Union first.
Terms & Conditions Apply
* All figures given on this web site are for your general information only, and give a rough guide to loan repayments. Any statements on this web site do not purport to be authoritative or legally binding. You are advised to check with our offices for up-to-date rates and offers.
Whilst every care has been made in the production of this information, it is for illustrative purposes only and to give you an overview of the potential cost of borrowing at Granard Credit Union. It does not constitute a loan offer. This document is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing and does not constitute an offer of finance or repayments.
Contact us about a loan today!